Terms and Conditions
Promotional Tier Terms and Conditions:
Enter code during sign up journey. Subscription required. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. 18+ and UK residents only.
After the discounted period, the subscription will auto renew monthly at the standard monthly price of £3.99, unless cancelled. Cancel at any time.
End User Licence Agreement
Crime + Investigation Play
Last updated: 22 July 2022
1. These terms and conditions (the ‘T&Cs’) govern your use of websites and apps made available by AETN in relation to Crime + Investigation Play (together “Crime + Investigation Play ”). We've tried to keep them as short as possible, to help you understand how you can use Crime + Investigation Play. If you register for a paid subscription to Crime + Investigation Play, our subscription terms also apply ( https://www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/play/terms-of-use ).
2. If you don't want to or cannot agree to these T&Cs, then you must not use the Crime + Investigation Play website or download or use the Crime + Investigation Play apps. By using the website or downloading, installing, updating or using the apps, or by clicking ‘accept’ or similar (where applicable), you agree to these T&Cs.
1. These T&Cs are a legal agreement between us, please read them carefully.
2. These T&Cs describe how you are allowed to use our Crime + Investigation Play apps and website.
3. If you break these T&Cs, we may stop you using Crime + Investigation Play, contact you about your use or exercise other rights available to us.
4. Crime + Investigation Player apps and websites are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and we make no (and hereby disclaim all) representations and warranties with respect to Crime + Investigation Play, subject to your mandatory consumer rights, to the extent permitted by applicable law, except for those expressly stated in our applicable terms and conditions.
5. These T&Cs may change from time to time. Please refer to section 10.2 below.
3. HOW YOU MAY USE CRIME + INVESTIGATION PLAY
1. Provided you follow these T&Cs, you can use Crime + Investigation Play for your non-commercial, personal use as described herein. In particular, we grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right and licence to use Crime + Investigation Play to browse, view, watch, stream and (where available) download programmes and other content we make available from time to time through Crime + Investigation Play (“Content”).
2. You must be at least 18 years old and a UK resident to register an account to use Crime + Investigation Play apps.
3. You will need to provide certain information to register an account and choose a username and password. You are responsible for all use of your account by any person. You should keep your username and password confidential, and you are not permitted to share access to Crime + Investigation Play with anyone else. Please let us know straight away if you think your account details might have been compromised. These T&Cs apply whichever device (e.g. your phone, computer, TV, tablet) you use to access Crime + Investigation Play.
4. Crime + Investigation Play requires internet access, downloads substantial content from the internet, and your data usage while using it may be significant. You are responsible for all data, roaming and other similar charges (or consumption of data or roaming allowances included in your mobile data or similar service package) arising from your use of Crime + Investigation Play and we recommend that you connect to a WiFi network while using Crime + Investigation Play.
5. Access to Crime + Investigation Play and Content is subject to restrictions:
1. you may only access Content while you are in the UK, and you may only use two devices at a time to watch or store Content;
2. you may not (and may not allow others to) share, rent, publicly display, exhibit, resell or otherwise distribute or make available, Crime + Investigation Play or any Content, to anyone else;
3. you may not (and may not allow others to) reproduce, or make public or commercial use of Crime + Investigation Play or any Content;
4. you may not (and may not allow others to) modify, adapt, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decrypt Crime + Investigation Play or any part of it (except as permitted by applicable law);
5. you may not (and may not allow others to) remove or try to circumvent digital rights management or copy protection from Crime + Investigation Play or any Content.
6. If we are threatened with or face legal action because you break these T&Cs, we may hold you responsible and you will need to compensate and pay us back for any damage or losses we suffer as a result, including legal and other expenses.
7. If you do not comply with these T&Cs, we have the right to suspend, terminate or otherwise take under review your right to use Crime + Investigation Play.
4. CRIME + INVESTIGATION PLAY AND CONTENT
1. Crime + Investigation Play and the Content available through Crime + Investigation Play are protected by intellectual property rights (including copyright and trade mark rights) owned by us or our licensors. You have no intellectual property or other rights in, or to, Crime + Investigation Play or the Content, and are only granted a limited licence to use (not sold) Crime + Investigation Play and Content in accordance with these T&Cs (please refer to clause 3.1). All rights in Crime + Investigation Play and Content are reserved by us and our licensors.
2. If you believe Content on Crime + Investigation Play infringes your copyright, please let us know using the contact details set out at section 11 below. When reporting suspected copyright infringement please clearly identify the Content in question, and ensure you include your contact details and confirmation that you own copyright in the relevant Content and have not authorised its publication so we can consider whether it ought to be removed.
3. We may change the Content available through Crime + Investigation Play from time to time (for example as we produce, license or commission new programmes, or if our licensors change or restrict our right to use Content) without notice. We may also issue updates or make changes to the functionality or minimum system requirements of Crime + Investigation Play from time to time (for example, to address security issues, changes in device technology and operating systems, or the availability of certain features) and you may be required to apply updates to continue using Crime + Investigation Play. Not all features or Content may be available on all devices, please refer to section 8.1 below.
5. OUR LIABILITY
1. Nothing in these T&Cs will limit any of your rights which may not be excluded under law. This means that, notwithstanding any other terms in these T&Cs:
1. our liability to you for personal injury or death caused by our negligence is not excluded or limited, nor is our liability to you for any fraudulent representation we make;
2. if you have a paid subscription to Crime + Investigation Play and it is faulty when we deliver it to you, we will try to repair or replace it;
3. if we can't fix that fault within a reasonable time, or without significant inconvenience, you're entitled to all or some of your money back that you paid to use Crime + Investigation Play (where applicable); and
4. if, as a result of a defect, Crime + Investigation Play or Content damages your device or digital content belonging to you, and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation.
2. Other than as mentioned above, our overall liability to you under or in connection with these T&Cs and your use of Crime + Investigation Play, is limited to the amount you have paid us to use Crime + Investigation Play in the 6 months immediately preceding the date on which you bring a claim or, where no price was paid, £10.
3. Crime + Investigation Play, along with any updates, upgrades and any Content, are provided ‘as is’. That means we don't make any promises to you about Crime + Investigation Play or Content other than that they will be of satisfactory quality, as described, and fit for purpose. We don't make any other promises about Crime + Investigation Play or Content unless expressly described in these T&Cs or any subscription terms we have entered into with you.
4. We'll use reasonable skill and care to provide Crime + Investigation Play and Content, but can't guarantee there won't be any errors, bugs or interruptions.
7. STORE TERMS
1. The following terms required by Apple apply if you use Crime + Investigation Play on iOS or tvOS:
1. You and AETN acknowledge these T&Cs are concluded between you and AETN only, and not with Apple Inc. (‘Apple’), nor any subsidiary or affiliate company of Apple Inc., (‘Apple’). You also acknowledge that we are solely responsible for Crime + Investigation Play and the Content.
2. Subject to your compliance with these T&Cs we grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right and licence to use one copy of the relevant Crime + Investigation Play app for your personal, non-commercial use on any iOS or tvOS product you own or control, and as permitted by Usage Rules in the Apple Media Services T&Cs ( www.apple.com/uk/legal/internet-services/itunes/uk/terms.html ).
3. We are solely responsible for providing support and maintenance for Crime + Investigation Play. You and AETN acknowledge Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance & support services with respect to Crime + Investigation Play.
4. You acknowledge AETN, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to Crime + Investigation Play or your possession and/or use of Crime + Investigation Play, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim Crime + Investigation Play fails to confirm to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims under consumer protection or similar legislation, including in connection with any use of HealthKit or HomeKit frameworks.
5. You acknowledge that in the event of a third party claim that Crime + Investigation Play or your possession and use of Crime + Investigation Play infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, AETN shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property right infringement claim, and not Apple.
6. You represent and warrant: (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a ‘terrorist supporting’ region; and (ii) you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
7. You agree to comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using Crime + Investigation Play, including the terms of any ISP or wireless data service agreement applicable to your internet connection.
8. You and AETN acknowledge and agree Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these T&Cs, and that when you accept them, Apple will have the right (and be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these T&Cs against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
2. The ways in which you can use Crime + Investigation Play may also be controlled by the relevant Store's terms and conditions and policies as made available to you by the Store. To the extent there is a conflict between the terms of these T&Cs and the terms of the Store from which you installed a Crime + Investigation Play application, the Store's terms shall prevail to the extent of the conflict.
8. OPERATING SYSTEM AND DEVICE REQUIREMENTS
1. Crime + Investigation Play applications require certain minimum specifications (including browser, device, screen size, operating system, memory) to function correctly. Please review the application-specific minimum requirements where these are made available to you in the relevant application description / Store information pages to ensure Crime + Investigation Play is compatible with your device. You can find more information about minimum system requirements here [ https://crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/play/help ].
9. TERMINATION AND OUTAGES
1. We may temporarily suspend Crime + Investigation Play or Content for the purposes of upgrades, maintenance or other service administration reasons. We will use our reasonable endeavours to limit the length of time this occurs for.
2. We may end your rights to use Crime + Investigation Play or Content at any time if you breach these T&Cs. If what you have done can be put right, we may, in our sole discretion, give you a reasonable opportunity to do so. Where you have paid for access to Crime + Investigation Play or Content, and your rights have been terminated in accordance with this clause because of your breach of these T&Cs, we may not refund you.
3. We may terminate our agreement with you (including your right to use Crime + Investigation Play) upon reasonable notice to you. This may happen, without limitation, because we choose to end the availability of Crime + Investigation Play, part thereof, or any Content. If your use of Crime + Investigation Play or Content was free of charge, you will not be entitled to compensation in this event, and otherwise we will refund you an amount in proportion to the time left in you subscription which you have paid for but are unable to use.
1. These T&Cs do not affect any legal rights you may have under the law which cannot be excluded or limited.
2. We may change or update these T&Cs from time to time, to address changes in Crime + Investigation Play, changes in the law or changes in our commercial circumstances. You may be required to agree to the changes to continue using Crime + Investigation Play. We will try to give you reasonable notice of changes, and if you are not happy with them, and do not accept them, you will not be entitled to continue using Crime + Investigation Play once the changes take effect. If you have a paid subscription and are not happy with changes to these T&Cs, you will either be entitled to continue using Crime + Investigation Play until the end of your current subscription period, or we will refund you in proportion to the amount of time left in the subscription period you have paid for, but which you are unable to use, after the changes take effect. By continuing to use Crime + Investigation Play after we have notified you changes to these T&Cs are to take effect, you agree to those changes.
3. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these T&Cs to another organisation. We will let you know if that happens and we will ensure that your rights under these T&Cs are unaffected. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these T&Cs unless we expressly agree in writing.
4. Except where expressly stated to the contrary in these T&Cs, these T&Cs do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these T&Cs.
5. Even if we delay in enforcing these T&Cs and/or our rights, we can still enforce these T&Cs and/or our rights later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these T&Cs, or if we delay in taking steps in respect of your breaking of any term of these T&Cs, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
6. These T&Cs are governed by English law and you can bring proceedings in respect of your use of Crime + Investigation Play or these T&Cs in the English courts. In addition you may have the legal right to bring proceedings in your local jurisdiction. For instance if you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in in either the Scottish or the English courts.
11. REGULATORY, COMPANY AND CONTACT INFORMATION
In these T&Cs, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘ our’ refers to AETN, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 03105704 and our registered office is at 1 Queen Caroline Street, London, UK, W6 9YN. You can contact us using the following information:
By Post: AETN UK 1 Queen Caroline Street, London, UK, W6 9YN
Regulatory information. Ofcom regulates the editorial content of on-demand programme services. This includes ensuring certain rules are observed. These rules require certain material to be restricted to adults, prohibit other material (including that likely to incite hatred) altogether, and govern product placement in programmes and sponsorship of individual programmes or services. If you have complained to us and are dissatisfied with our response, you are entitled to complain to Ofcom using their form, which is available online here: http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/on-demand/complain.
Advertising. Ofcom is the regulator for editorial content on Crime + Investigation Play. Advertising is regulated by the Advertising Standards Authority. You can access the ASA complaints procedures online at http://www.asa.org.uk/Complaints or by telephoning 020 7492 2222. You can also complain to the ASA by post to: Advertising Standards Authority, Castle House, 37-45, Paul Street, Shoreditch, London, EC2A 4LS.
Other queries. Any queries relating to matters such as technical issues, billing, installation, or marketing should be made directly to us through the contact details set out at s.2 of these terms. Further information about Ofcom can be found at www.ofcom.org.uk, and about the ASA at www.asa.org.uk.
© 2022 AETN. All Rights Reserved.
CRIME + INVESTIGATION PLAY
We are AETN a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 03105704 and our registered office is at 1 Queen Caroline Street, London, UK, W6 9YN. Where we decide the means or purpose of processing your personal data, we are the data 'controller.'
This policy explains how we process your personal data as a data controller when you make use of the services we provide via the Crime + Investigation Play website and apps (the 'Services'). We update this policy from time to time so please check back in.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE USE IT
1. Enquiry data (information we receive when you get in touch)
This includes: Name; Contact details; Other personal data you send to us as part of enquiries.
We process this information to respond to your support and other enquiries.
We may process this data in accordance with the terms of our contract with you (where we need this information to provide Services to you) or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
We also use this to pursue our legitimate interests, including: (a) our interest in responding to enquiries to ensure smooth operation of our business and services; and (b) to understand our customers and improve our website and Services, by taking on-board your feedback.
You may be required to provide us with certain information for us to respond to your enquiries.
We collect this information from you when you send it to us. We keep this data for 6 years from when our relationship with you ends.
2. Account data (information we receive when you set-up and use your account)
This includes: Name, age; Credentials (username & password, device ID); Location (approximated using your IP address); Account preferences; Playback information; Contact details (email, address, telephone); Subscription & payment details (including sums paid or due, and accounting records).
We process this information to set-up your account, enable you to use the Service (for example, to remember where you last left-off so you can resume a video, or view your history), and to allow you to manage and pay for your subscriptions.
As part of this we may also use your location (as approximated using your IP address) to optimise video delivery based on your location.
We process this information in accordance with the terms of our contract with you to provide Services to you, or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract (such as asking your age and location to determine whether you are entitled to use the Services).
We maintain payment records to comply with our accounting and associated legal obligations.
You may be required to provide us with certain information for us to respond to your enquiries and to register an account.
We collect this information from you when you register and use the Services. We keep your account data for 7 years from when our relationship with you ends.
We use the following service providers to help us provide our Services and they may process your account data on our behalf: Accedo Broadband AB; Amazon Web Services; InPlayer; Google; Meta (Facebook); TikTok
3. Entitlements & Suggestions (information we may use to determine the programmes you can access and which are recommended through the Services)
This includes: Your watch history; Preferences & interests you submit through the Service; Location (approximated using your IP address); Subscription details.
The programmes available to you are determined by your location (if you are outside the UK, you cannot watch certain content) and the level of your subscription.
We may recommend content to you based on the content you have previously watched.
We process this information in pursuit of legitimate interests including: (a) our legitimate interests in geo-blocking certain content in order to comply with restrictions imposed by our licensors; and (b) our and your interests in helping you find the content you are likely to be most interested in (by featuring or recommending content related to your watch history, your preferences and interests).
If you agree to our use of push notifications, then we may also use this information to send you push notifications with updates and recommendations.
We collect this information from you when you use the Services. We use the following service providers to help us provide our Services and they may process this information on our behalf: Accedo Broadband AB; Amazon Web Services; InPlayer; Google.; Meta (Facebook); TikTok
4. Analytics (data about how users interact with our Services which might be associated with a unique ID)
This includes but is not limited to: browser type and version, IP address, approximate location and time zone, access logs, device type and settings, operating system, & other information provided by browser or device; use you make of our Services, including the URLs and content you visit, clickstream to, through and from our website and apps, date and time, page response times, errors, length of visits to pages, interaction (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) data, and methods used to leave our site; error reports generated if there are problems with our Service.
We use software to collect analytics data about users of our website and apps, to understand how people use them, where they come from, which devices and operating systems they use, and how they interact with our Service, and to help improve and maintain our Services, and to identify and address bugs.
We process analytics data from the following providers if you have given your consent:
Accedo Broadband AB; Amazon Web Services; InPlayer; Functional Software; Jump Analytics; New Relic; Brightcove; Meta (Facebook); TikTok; Google Analytics 4; Google advertising platforms (including Google Ads, Campaign Manager and DV360).
You can find out more about how Google processes analytics data here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. To withdraw your consent, please write to us using the contact details at the end of this document.
After 26 months underlying data is deleted, but we may retain aggregated statistics generated from that data which are anonymous.
We process the following information about you to send you emails or push notifications, to let you know about news, content and updates relating to the Services: Name; Contact information (such as email address or device ID for push notifications)
We process this information to send you promotional material.
We process your personal data for this purpose where either: (a) we have your consent; or (b) where you decide not to opt-out of such marketing in the course of registering with the Services, in order to pursue our and your legitimate interests in ensuring you find out about new content, news and updates, to help you make the most of the Service.
You can withdraw your consent or opt-out at any time by dropping us a line or clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails.
We collect this information from you. We use the following service providers to help us process this information on our behalf: Accedo Broadband AB; Amazon Web Services; InPlayer; Jump Analytics; Google Analytics; Google Ads; Google Campaign Manager; DV360; Meta (Facebook); TikTok
DATA RETENTION PERIODS
Where explicit retention periods are not described above, we hold data for as long as necessary bearing in mind the purpose for which it was collected. To determine the appropriate period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of unauthorised access, and legal requirements.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies, pixels and other technologies store and access data on your device to help websites and apps work. This section explains their purpose, how long they last, and who else can access their data. We get your consent to use them unless they are essential for our sites, apps or services.
We use the following cookies and similar technologies:
1. Authentication - To deliver our Services and keep you logged-in
The data/cookies are: one-token, one-refresh-token. They last until the end of your session and are set/accessed by Accedo Broadband AB.
2. Analytics - To help us understand how you use our Services, such as how often, so we can improve Services and deliver a better experience and also for us to carry out research and statistical analysis to help us develop new content, products and services.
The data/cookies are: Google Analytics Accedo Analytics, Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager / DV360, Meta (Facebook), TikTok and Jump Analytics. They last 26 months and are set/accessed by Google, Accedo Broadband AB, and Jump Analytics.
3. Consent tracking – These are used to record whether or not you have given consent to our use of non-essential cookies (such as the analytics cookies mentioned above).
The data/cookies are: OptanonAlertBoxClosed, OptanonConsent. They last 1 year and are set/accessed by OneTrust.
4. Recommendations – These are used to give you personalised recommendations based on your previous viewing.
These include Jump Analytics cookies/data. They last 1 year and are accessed by Jump Analytics.
5. Log-in and Transactions – These are necessary to keep you logged-in, and for the processing of your transactions.
These include InPlayer cookies/data. They last for the length of your session, and are accessed/set by InPlayer.
Your data is generally stored in the UK, where Google Analytics is turned on (where you have given your consent) your personal data may be stored by Google in the USA. Where we use data processors outside the UK and transfer personal data to a country which does not provide an adequate level of protection, we use contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data protection similar to that which it has in Europe. For more information drop us a line using the contact details at the start of this policy.
Other than as set out above, we may disclose your personal data:
• Where required by law, government, competent authorities or the courts or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, and for the purposes of preventing crime and fraud (for example, we may share personal data with our professional advisors, investigators, or credit reference agencies).
• With members of our corporate group, our suppliers, and subcontractors, as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
• If involved in an investment, merger, acquisition, or sale of our organisation or assets, personal data we hold may be shared based on the legitimate interests of us, our shareholders, customers and other parties to a transaction, unless those interests are outweighed by prejudicial impacts upon you.
QUESTIONS AND YOUR RIGHTS
If you have questions, please write to us at: email@example.com.
If we can't resolve your issue, you can also get in touch with the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
You have the following rights, although these rights may be limited in some circumstances:
• Ask us to send a copy of your data to you or someone else
• Ask us to restrict, stop processing, or delete your data
• Object to our processing of your data
• Object to use of your personal data for direct marketing
• Ask us to correct inaccuracies
If we rely on consent to process data, or send direct marketing, you can withdraw consent by email to the address above